You can access the following services and more online:

  • Building Permits and Inspections: Contact Rum River Construction Consultants at or for more information visit Rum River Construction Consultants. If you pay by check, please include permit number and address on the check.
  • Utility Billing: Please drop your payment in the Utility Drop Box in the parking lot or pay online. For more info:
  • Burning Permits: Burning of brush piles larger than 3 x 3 feet requires a burning permit. Recreational fires 3 x 3 feet are still okay. Burning permits are available online at our website under the quick links or by calling 763-404-7000 during normal business hours. Standard permits are set for 6:00 p.m. start and out by 8:00 a.m. 
  • Applications: If you need to leave applications or other documents for City staff, please email them or put them in the Utility Dropbox in the parking lot. Staff will regularly check the dropbox.
  • Public Meetings: You can view public meetings including City Council and Planning Commission live on the city website at under the City Meetings tab.
  • COVID testing locations