Land Use Complaint Process & Form

The City of Oak Grove has a complaint based code enforcement process. When completing the Land Use Complaint Form, it is necessary to complete the entire form including your name, address, and telephone number, as well as the address and specific nature of the code violation. Anonymous complaints are not able to be processed. A complainant’s identity will be kept confidential in accordance to MN State Statutes Chapter 13.44.
The primary goal of code enforcement is to obtain voluntary compliance with the provisions of the City Code by all citizens of Oak Grove.
By doing so we will:
• Maintain a high quality of life in our community
• Contribute to the improvement and stabilization of our city
• Protect property values
• Help promote a healthy and safe environment
Have a Complaint?
Many people are not exactly sure what to do when they have a complaint regarding a possible violation.
The first thing to do is politely talk with your neighbor or the property owner to work through any issues before calling in a zoning code violation. More often than not, a resident will simply be unaware of the violation or their neighbor’s concern. Communication between neighbors helps build a stronger community and promote the kind of friendly small town atmosphere we value in Oak Grove.
All Cities within Anoka County have access to free mediation services available through:
Mediation Services for Anoka County
2520 Coon Rapids Blvd, Suite #100 Coon Rapids, MN 55433 (763) 422-8878

If your “good neighbor” effort fails, please fill out the Land Use Complaint Form and send it to:
City Hall: Attn: Planner 19900 Nightingale Street NW Oak Grove, MN 55011 or